€150,000 - €175,000 base + 20-50% bonus + equity
A B2B data analytics business is looking for a CFO following investment from a European private equity fund late last year. Having reached an €8m turnover with 60% year-on-year growth, they are now looking for their first CFO to professionalise the business, scale up growth and ultimately take them through to exit.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a data driven business, ideally PE/VC backed, as a CFO; experience having taken a business through to exit is a huge advantage. The CFO will be a close and trusted business value partner to the CEO, highly involved in the overall corporate strategy, and one of the key drivers of the expansion of the company as it moves towards larger scale growth.
The ideal candidate will have many of the following attributes, skills, and experiences:
- Key driver and participant in the ongoing strategic, operational, and financial planning and resource allocation process.
- Ability to identify, analyse, interpret, guide and report on key value drivers.
- Ability to identify key bottlenecks and impediments to growth and put a plan in place to overcome them.
- Ability to identify issues and risks before they turn into a crisis. Deep understanding of key liabilities.
- Experience building and leading a diverse team at a high-growth or growth stage digital company.
- Gravitas and proven ability to engage all relevant members of the management team, board members, and strategic partners to align financial execution with short and long term strategic, operational and financial plans.
- Tough, resilient and demanding, respected by the broader team, good negotiator, does not buckle under pressure, ability to say no to the team, the CEO or other key stakeholders when needed.
Partnership with CEO
- Ability to build a strong relationship with the CEO, and to become a solid and dependable strategic and business partner to the CEO, acting as a sounding board or challenger as needed on a broad array of issues and topics.
- Effective management of the board of directors in concert with the CEO accomplished by setting appropriate expectations, and by communicating effectively and regularly.
- Pre-requisite accounting qualifications, up to date on all topics relating to financial control, planning, financial systems, accounting, and financial management of the company, giving the CEO and the Board of Directors complete visibility into a comprehensive planning and reporting process.
- Operationally skilled and experienced in working with and managing corporate staff and back office teams (HR, Facilities, Finance, Legal and IT), and with the knowledge of how to scale operationally as the business grows in size and complexity.
- Review all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures, processes, and administration, recommending improvements to the systems in place and managing the systems going forward.
- Leading the construction of the annual budget
Venture Capital Experience
- Experience working directly with investors, either in the public and private domain.
- Ability to lead fundraisings and other corporate transactions, including the management of DD.
- Intimate understanding of the underlying operational corporate development strategies that drive a company toward liquidity.
- Skilled at highly efficient cash / working capital planning and management over both the short and long-term.
Get in touch with Kate Mikhaylenko on 0207 467 2550 if the above is of interest. Don’t worry if you don’t have an updated CV, as we can still have a discussion.