Finance Acquisitions and Change Manager
£50,000 per annum
I am exclusively working with a PE backed multisite B2C company looking to recruit a Finance Acquisitions and Change Manager in a newly created role. Following a secondary PE buyout, this business is continuing with its buy and build strategy in the UK and now has 130 branches. In this role you will get excellent exposure to working with an experienced senior finance team.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for the efficient on-boarding of acquired entities and the end-to-end design, delivery and completion of finance change initiatives.
- Responsible for the integration of acquired businesses from a finance operations perspective, including subsequent hive ups
- Responsible for financial accounting in respect of corporate acquisitions, including production and agreement of completion accounts with vendors advisors
- Liaise with M&A team on financial projections and investment cases for acquisitions
- Assist in review and monitoring of financial performance of acquired business post acquisition
- Support process for utilisation of acquisition facility funding
- Lead on finance change initiatives ensuring efficient
delivery of the identified work streams, including:
- Operational finance process review
- Financial systems optimisation
- Other change initiatives as appropriate
Interact with stakeholders from across business
functions to ensure successful landing of finance change initiatives
Own financial accounting for debt and holding
Support Group Financial Controller on fiscal and
taxation matters in respect of Group companies
Support monthly and annual financial reporting
process, working closely with Group Financial Controller
Provide input for and prepare financial
accounting information to support monthly Board reporting and other reporting
for private equity investor and lenders with particular focus on acquired
Ad hoc work as required to support and assist
business needs and requirements
- Qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA preferred.
- Strong technical accountant, with demonstrable up to date accounting knowledge.
- Good awareness of Taxation requirements
- Experience of producing statutory accounts, and working effectively and efficiently with statutory auditors
- Experience of accounting with complex Group Company structures
- Experience of privately owned/ private equity fast-paced business environment preferable.
- Ability to work autonomously and within agreed timelines
- Able to engage with and influence colleagues at all levels in an effective and positive manner.
- Advanced Excel and Word skills.
- Ability and aptitude to work with finance systems
- Willing to travel occasionally in the UK on a pre-planned, short visit basis.