£100k - £120k per annum
I am currently working with an exciting Private Equity backed business, specialising in professional publishing services. Following recent PE backing, business is currently expanding its portfolio through acquisition therefore my client is seeking a strong Finance Director to head up the groups finance function. You will be operating in a very fast paced and dynamic environment and will work secondary to the Group CFO. The focus of the role will be to manage the integration of a new site into the group and implement effective processes and controls to allow the business to scale effectively. You will also be working directly with the PE investors, driving key strategic decision making.
- Contribute to strategic analysis, planning and control, working closely with key stakeholders.
- Commercially contribute to business cases for future product development and growth opportunities, and evaluation of new business proposals.
- Development and evolution of fit for purpose reporting.
- Ad hoc projects to evaluate potential investment opportunities in partners and suppliers.
- Tracking costs incurred, committed and future, by product, against anticipated financial return.
- PAYE, VAT and corporation tax.
- Working capital management including cashflow, invoice discounting and credit risk insurance management.
- Act as first contact with company’s bankers and auditors.
- UK payroll and business insurance.
- Managing oversea subsidiaries’ accounts function including payroll.
- Managing the audit process including preparing full audit file.
- Process development and improvement.
- Previous experience in the publishing or media sectors.
- Qualified with good accounting fundamentals.
- Can do attitude and good with people.
- Works well cross-functionally.
- Commercial/hands on post qualified experience in a stock/inventory orientated industry.
- Experience of building, developing, and managing a team in an entrepreneurial business.
- Previous ownership of: audit process; financial reporting; PAYE; VAT; Cash flow; forecasting; working capital; financial projections; invoice discounting; process development and improvement.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage rapid growth.
- Adaptability – ability to deal with uncertainty and change to bring clarity.
- Provide strong leadership for the Accounts team.
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial environment.
- Strategic in a hands-on environment.
If this is an opportunity you would be interested in hearing more about, please contact Ben Harrison on 0207 467 2250.