City of London
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an ACA qualified accountant to move into a financial controller role within a private equity back company within the technology sector.
The ideal candidate will preferably come from a mid-tier practice background who ideally has “small business team” and B2B, start up or technology SME client experience. Exceptional ACCA and CIMA qualified management accountants will also be considered (no specific industry required).
The candidate must be keen to work within a start-up environment, can show experience of process improvements in a previous role, management of junior employees with the ability to work independently has a desire in developing the financial control environment over time.
The candidate would be expected to carry out the role of Financial Controller which would include (but not be limited to) the below duties/responsibilities:
- Ownership of GL control account reconciliations (lead review and sign-off process; advising Assistant Accountants of required corrective journals);
- Multicurrency consolidation
- Preparation of legal entity management accounts; ability to write detailed commentary;
- Provides bespoke and ad-hoc analytical reports when required; 5 year plans
- Set up and installation of the finance function
- Financial planning
- Monthly reporting
- Ownership of AvB meetings; preparation of analysis; write up and investigation of key variances;
- Forecasting, budgeting and 5 year plans
- Year-end audit (e.g. preparing Client Assistance Packages) and preparation of annual financial statements; including writing of disclosure notes;
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1 grade in a relevant
- Qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- SME or start up experience
- 2 years experience in a B2B or B2C environment