£60,000 per annum
Central London -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ACA qualified financial controller to join a leading financial services fund. The fund provides liquidity to high growth European businesses along with advisory services to funds acquiring secondary direct investments and portfolio purchase. They also advise funds investing growth capital into fast-growing sizeable businesses with their clients consisting of venture capital funds, corporates and banks.
The role will involve compliance and portfolio monitoring, along with fund reporting and corporate duties and reports in to the CFO. The ideal candidate will be big 4 trained in audit and have previous experience in a client facing role working with PE funds.
- Record accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Reconcile various accounts, or reviewing reconciliations prepared by others, and promptly researching and correcting any variances.
- Assist, as assigned, in preparing audit schedules, compliance reports, N-SARs, tax returns, financial statements, or other reports.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with IFRS, tax, and prospectus restrictions and limitations.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly accounting and investor reporting across 5 funds through collaboration with fund administrator and investment team.
- Support the CFO on compliance matters; implementation of GDPR practices and policies and implementation of ESG best practices.
- Organise and prepare due diligence documents for potential investors.
- Supported the year end financial and tax audit processes across both new and legacy funds, liaising with auditors and tax advisers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
- Big 4 trained in audit
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills