Group Finance Controller
£75,000 per annum
Following PE investment in 2015 this business was taken private. Since then they have been growing internationally, both organically as well as via acquisition. Working with some of the world’s leading brands, which includes sports clubs, they have quickly established an award winning reputation in the marketplace.
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for all areas of group accounting policies, processes and control. Additionally you will be responsible for external reporting and audit, and the alignment of internal processes supporting this, including delivery of the annual report and any new overseas group reporting requirements. You will reporting to the Board and Audit Committee with attendance at the meetings of the latter and will support the Group Finance Director on specific projects including M&A activity.
- Providing thought leadership on technical accounting matters.
- Maintenance of technical accounting knowledge and dissemination of this knowledge to the rest of the group finance team and Board.
- Development and maintenance of the group policies and procedures manual and providing training to group-wide finance personnel.
- Producing the Group Finance Director’s report to the Audit Committee and contributing to the Group Finance Director’s Board report.
- Attendance at Audit Committee meetings and reporting to the Audit Committee on all financial reporting matters.
- Providing technical expertise on corporate M&A activity and support for M&A integration.
- Overall responsibility for the annual report and half year statement.
- Production of the financial sections (including commentary) of the annual report and debt investor reporting.
- Chief liaison with the group’s external auditors and management of the external group audit processes.
- Delivery of subsidiary financial statements.
- Manage group Earnouts process and oversee any additional reporting requirements.
- Oversee simplification of group structure and carry out corporate liquidations in conjunction with Company Secretarial and Tax personnel.
- Oversee set up of new entity structures in new territories.
- Management of the internal audit process.
- Supporting the Group Finance Director in external presentations.
- Monitoring the external communications of competitors and peers and performing analysis thereon.
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE (ACA preferred)
- Outstanding relationship management skills
- Exposure to Senior Management teams
- Excellent presentational skills including report writing
- Strong analytical skills