Group Finance Controller
£90,000 per annum
We are working with a PE backed, multisite leisure business, looking to recruit a Group Finance Controller. Following PE investment this company has grown to circa 100 sites across the UK and is still looking to continue expanding via acquisition.
Reporting to the Group CFO this role will take responsibility for financial reporting and will provide support to operations and business development as a member of the Executive team.
- Timely and accurate preparation of Group results including reviewing and understanding variances to budgets
- Production of monthly management / board packs including P&L, BS, Cash flow, KPI’s and ratios and forecast outturn for the year
- Forecasting requirements and availability of funding for property purchases
- Management of banking covenants
- Preparation of statutory group consolidated financial statements and lead on annual audit process
- All aspects of tax compliance and planning
- Leading on the group budget and three year plan process
- Support M&A opportunities across the business with due diligence, financing and integration
- Involvement in exit process and advance preparation of dataroom
- Liaison with external advisors, shareholders and banks as required
- Actively seek and propose efficiency improvements in reporting.
- Review of current finance controls, policies and processes
- Actively identify cost saving/efficiency opportunities with the company
- ACA / ACCA / ACMA or CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Ideally large and small / medium company experience; bringing both best financial practice, and the knowledge of how to operate and behave in a dynamic, fast-growth environment
- Experience of going through a transaction and managing people through change, or implementing systems and ensuring best protocol is adhered to – both value add
- Excellent working knowledge of FRS102/IFRS and acquisition accounting
- Proven strong leadership and team management experience, especially in period of growth