Head of Finance
£70,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to move in to a Head of Finance position within a rapidly growing, fin-tech company. The business is experiencing rapid organic growth and this role will be supporting the CEO and COO.
- Set up and implement controls and processes.
- Attend regular senior stakeholder meetings.
- Liaise and pitch to clients.
- Create monthly management packs.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Multicurrency consolidation.
- Scenario analysis.
- Portfolio management.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and forecasting.
- Conduct risk management.
- Investment evaluation.
- Supervise a team of Accountants.
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows.
- P+L analysis.
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Consult board members about funding options.
- Recommend cost-reducing solutions.
This role will require regular attendance of senior stakeholder meetings and you will need to possess the necessary gravitas to liaise with non-financial heads of departments. Putting in place controls and process will be of high importance along with the compilation of monthly management packs. There is also the opportunity to grow and develop the finance team as the business grows. This role offers excellent scope for growth with the opportunity to move in to a CFO role in a couple of years.
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified.
- Strong communication skills.
- 2-3 years’ experience within an SME.
- Held a previous number two role reporting to a CFO.
- Possess an entrepreneurial, growth mindset.
- Technically strong around controls and processes.
- Experience manging a team.
- Inquisitive, ambitious and switched on.