Interim Financial Controller
£350-£400 per day (dependent on experience)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a fast-paced, Private Equity-backed events business in Central London. You will hit the ground running, providing interim support for the CFO during a crucial period of business before the permanent hire joins. Over 3 months you will join an ambitious, enthusiastic and innovative company, taking on a broad, hands-on role that will play an important part in shaping a finance platform to support profitable growth.
- Management and delivery of all internal management reporting, including monthly management accounts and reforecasts, KPI measures, cash forecasts, budgets and long-term plans.
- Leadership, direction and performance management across a small central finance team of seven with four direct reports.
- Drive rigour in balance sheet and working capital management to optimise cash-flow performance.
- Process improvement and development across all accounting, cash collection and reporting functions, leveraging functionality from the Access accounting platform.
- Establish and maintain robust controls, accounting policies and best practice across the finance team.
- Development of strong commercial partnerships across the events management and commercial teams.
- Management of compliance requirements including year-end audit process, taxation and insurance.
- Support across acquisition due diligence, financing and integration.
- The ideal candidate will be ACA (or equivalent) qualified. However, I will look to speak to other exceptional candidates with other qualifications.
- You must have SME experience.
- Experience within a media or events business will put you at a significant advantage.
- Excellent communication and team management skills.
- Demonstrable track record in driving systems and continuous process improvement.
- You must be immediately available or on a 1 week notice period.