Interim Technical Accountant (IFRS 15)
£350 - £400 per day (Depending on experience)
South West London
Here at Finatal we place the highest calibre finance professionals into Private Equity-backed businesses and we pride ourselves on delivering our candidates the best opportunities for their career progression.
I am currently looking to speak to top quality Technical Accountants who are looking to engage with a new and exciting opportunity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical accountant to join a fast-paced, Private Equity-backed media business in Central London. You will hit the ground running, providing interim support on their US GAAP and IFRS 15 projects for 3-6 months. You will work with and learn from an exceptional Finance Team – a fantastic opportunity to engage with some of the strongest finance professionals in the PE market. You will also join an ambitious, enthusiastic and innovative company that will support strong candidates within other areas of the businesses. As such, it’s possible that this could become something much longer term for someone who can prove their quality!
- Review of the US GAAP acquisition balance sheet to identify differences from IFRS.
- Review of the acquisition balance sheet for potential fair value adjustments (e.g. property valuation, onerous contracts, deferred revenue, deferred taxation).
- Review of accounting policies applied to post-acquisition trading for consistency with the Group (treatment of deferred event costs and exceptionals/profit adjustments).
- Impact assessment of IFRS 15 revenue recognition, and quantification of adjustments (the US GAAP equivalent of this doesn’t apply to them until next year; they may have done some work on it already).
- Impact assessment of IFRS 16 leasing, and quantification of adjustments.
- The ideal candidate will be qualified; however, I will look to speak to other exceptional candidates with relevant experience.
- You must have experience with IFRS 15 – this is non-negotiable. It must be hands on experience, not just conceptual understanding.
- Experience within a PE backed SME would be ideal but not necessary.
- You must be immediately available or on a 1-week notice period.
I will endeavour to reply to all candidates who apply but please do appreciate that it is sometimes not possible. I look forward to hearing from you!