£45,000 per annum
This is a rare opportunity to join a Sports and travel operator, with their modern, London campus based near Battersea. They have very recently received private equity backing and are looking to deliver on exciting growth plans both organically and via acquisition. The company is looking for a bright and vibrant candidate to join their team of 40 and fill a newly created role following the recent appointment of the Financial Director. This is a unique chance for a qualified accountant to experience a broad finance role working for an ambitious, growing business with a potential exit in sight.
This position is for a hands on positive enthusiastic team player, with ambition ready to take on their next challenging finance role. They will be mentored by the Financial Director directly, this is a great opportunity to develop within finance.
This is a new role reporting directly to the Financial Director, and will incorporate working closely alongside the Finance Assistant in a team of three. The role is broad and incorporates functions ranging from multicurrency bank reconciliations and full ownership of the month end management accounts preparation.
- -Production of month end management accounts to timetable, incorporating profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting across the group.
- -Daily multi-currency bank reconciliations across 10 accounts.
- -Management of accruals, prepayments, depreciation and all monthly reconciliations.
- -Reconciliation of monthly key ledger balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- -Weekly MI preparation and maintenance of Gross Margin tracker file.
- -Production of VAT returns and monthly CAA ATOL returns.
- -Assist the Finance Director in ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- -Liaise with other departments in tracking budgetary performance.
- -Full completion of accounting qualification: ACCA/ACA/CIMA.
- -Degree educated.
- -Good working knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP and SUMIFS).
- -Strong communication skills, both written and on paper, in preparation of presenting information to the Senior Management Team.
- -Has a passion for sports and leisure.
- -Enthusiastic and hands-on attitude.