Senior Management Accountant (20hrs/week)
I am working on an exciting part time role for a diverse and forward thinking R&D business, supporting the life sciences industry. The business has been one of the key players in the pharmaceuticals development industry since 2003. This is a dynamic and diverse working environment and will offer great exposure to the industry. They are offering flexible part time work to support the growing needs of the finance department.
The business is looking for someone professionally qualified with career experience as a Management Accountant. The ideal candidate will be:
- Self-sufficient and will be able to work independently.
- Have experience of business partnering with non-financial staff within a business
- Have experience of mentoring and supporting junior staff and have an interest in developing people.
- Will be able to operate flexibly as part of a global finance team
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- 1.Monitoring costs allocated to capital projects and track expenditure in like with approval
- 2.Prepare annual budgets and continually monitor performance against budgets and communicate variances to senior management
- 3.Maintain accurate financial records to enable the preparation of management accounts, including journals, balance sheet reconciliations and commentary on a timely basis
- 4.Work closely with the Purchasing function to ensure the correct coding of costs and capital expenditure and Ensure costs are captured to meet the requirements of R&D grants
- 5.Liaise with auditors during the annual audit
- 6.Lead process and system development and improvements, identifying and implementing best practice processes to ensure the smooth running of the business going forward.
- ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA qualified
- Experience of Access Dimensions (desirable)
- Excel (pivot tables, look-ups)
If you wish to join this dynamic and evolving business, please submit an application to discuss moving forwards with this role.