Senior Technical Accountant
£425-£475 per day (dependent on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and diligent Senior Technical IFRS Accountant for a 3 month contract year end project. This valuable experience would dramatically enhance your professional profile as a contractor in this market.
You will be joining a fantastic team at the London HQ of a private equity backed leisure business for the period of the year end. The turnover is currently 60 million and they plan on expanding extensively over the next few years. You will be reporting into the Group Financial Controller. Your main responsibility will be leading the production of statutory accounts under IFRS, and you will also be a crucial point of contact for auditors.
- Leading the year end project
- Preparation of statutory financial accounts under IFRS
- Streamlining of this reporting output
- Advising the Group Financial Controller on technical matters
- Conversion to IFRS from old UK GAAP for multiple entities
- Liaising with various departments and entities to obtain audit evidence
- Dealing with audit queries (Deloitte)
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- You must be able to demonstrate prior experience leading a year end financial reporting project
- Private equity experience is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills are important as you will be a point of contact with auditors and you will be expected to liaise with various teams
- You must be either immediately available or on a 1 week notice period
- You must be entitled to work in the UK
When applying, please attach a cover letter detailing your experience with a project of the same type.
If this particular role isn’t for you, we are always looking for talented finance professionals, especially with private equity experience, to join our network. If this sounds like you then please do send across your CV to email@example.com