Associate, Portfolio Management
I’m currently working with a leading global Asset Manager who are looking to add a Portfolio Management Associate to their respected Real Estate division. Taking responsibility for risk management of a portfolio of loans, managing performance relative to business plans and monitoring credit issues, this the perfect opportunity for someone coming from a PE or Asset Management background, but also top tier banks and boutiques.
Reporting into the Head of Credit, responsibilities will include:
- On-boarding and reviewing new business and reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Continuous communication with Borrowers ensuring loan facilities performance.
- Assimilation of key data for management reporting.
- Monitoring the delivery of property level business plans and risk profile of each loan portfolio against Fund level investment restrictions.
- Quarterly reporting of portfolio risk and loan performance with market updates for the Asset Management Committee.
- Identification of threats to loan performance through analysis.
- Ensuring compliance with loan facility documentation and risk management of transactions from closing through to final maturity.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in Real Estate, Banking, Asset Management in the UK market.
- Strong academics, ideally a degree in mathematics/business/finance related area and/or an academic qualification (ACCA/FRICS/ACIB).
- Strong commercial mind-set with ability to balance Borrowers needs with Investors requirements.
- Knowledge of senior debt, mezzanine debt, preferred equity and capital structures an advantage.
- Interest in the current Real Estate market.