CFO - Real Estate
£140,000 per annum + bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly acquisitive, privately owned, property company. They have various companies within the group including an online estate agency, a residential property acquisition vehicle and a property development company. As a result this is a varied role with individual growth strategies to execute, as well as that of the wider group.
- Full P&L ownership, financial control and day to day management and leadership of the accounting team for with an open and collaborative culture, in line with the core values of the Group.
- Rigorous control of the balance sheet and management of the working capital and cash flow position of the group, focuses on driving sustainable profit growth.
- Upgrading, standardisation and maintenance of the financial systems and controls framework to minimise risk for the Group and build a high quality and efficient finance function.
- Direct involvement and presenting to the Board the financial state of the business.
- Prepare and present monthly reports to the Senior Management team with related commercial information and analysis.
- Support to prepare and help implement the strategic, annual and operating plans.
- Manage key relationships with banks, legal representatives, auditors, and other external partners and advisors.
- Support the Board analysing business development and growth opportunities for the business, including acquisitions, restructures and cost saving initiatives.
- Qualified Accountant and finance leader, with a strong commercial instinct, and a core background of financial control.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, who can motivate and inspire a broad finance team.
- Hands on approach with proven track record of delivery in growth SME business with an understanding of balance sheet control, working capital and cash management
- A background of commercial and financial analysis to aid strategic decision making, would be advantageous
- Strong communication and senior stakeholder management skills, who can gain credibility at all levels of an organisation, and has the ability to get buy in at Board level.
- A continuous improvement mind set, committed to building a high quality finance function