£100,000 per annum
Reporting to the Group CFO, this is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join an ambitious, fast-growing private equity-backed business operating in multi-site healthcare. You will head a 10-strong finance team that will grow in line with further acquisitions as the business continues its very ambitious “buy and build” growth strategy. The ability to build, develop and lead a high performing team that can deliver to challenging timescales is essential.
Fundamental responsibilities are timely financial reporting, financial performance improvement, treasury management, process and control improvement and back office integration of acquisitions. It is vital that the Finance Director has a direct positive impact on bottom line and doesn’t merely report performance.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts and financial KPIs, analysing and reporting on performance on a site and consolidated basis
- Providing detailed analysis and benchmarking of P&L performance and driving improvement through the operations team, identifying revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities
- Building financial controls and processes to ensure the security of assets and maximise profit performance
- Implementation of improved financial systems and processes
- Timely integration of newly acquired businesses’ back office functions (e.g. purchase ledger, payroll etc) and the implementation of standard controls and information flows across the group
- Development and management of annual budget and regular re-forecasts
- Reporting to strict timetable to private equity investors of weekly / monthly MI as required
- Production of annual financial statements and tax returns, liaising closely with the auditors
- A fully qualified accountant with extensive experience of leading a finance team in a busy multi-site business
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing teams and improving the quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Demonstrable experience of leading profit performance improvement, largely through cost reduction and control
- Track record in implementing new financial systems and processes
- Appropriate experience in a healthcare environment or private equity backed environment would be an advantage
- Personal qualities must include enthusiasm, adaptability, tenacity, self-starter and an absolute commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines in a demanding environment.