£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
A start-up technology business that has recently secured further funding and has ambitious growth plans requires a Finance Manager to assist the CFO in creating the London based finance team.
With the current function predominantly outsourced, and with the assistance of a Junior Accountant, you will undertake the following tasks and duties:
- Assist the CFO in the transition from an outsourced, to an in-house finance function.
- Development of all finance systems, processes, and procedures.
- Production of the monthly management accounts pack.
- Providing financial analysis to support a range of projects, initiatives, business cases, etc.
- Assisting the CFO with financial due diligence on future acquisitions and fund-raising.
- Assisting with the year-end accounting.
- Management of the month end close process, overseeing all reporting, reconciliations, payments, invoicing requirements, etc.
- VAT returns, journal postings, fixed asset register upkeep, general bookkeeping, and overseeing a range of day-to-day accounting activities.
- All other duties as required in a fast growth, hands on environment.
- Experience gained from a similar Finance Manager, Financial Controller, or Bookkeeping role.
- The ability and desire to operate in a hands-on environment.
- Proven ability to business partner with senior leadership.
- A qualified accountant, qualified by experience, or currently part way through accountancy studies.
- Experienced in the use of MS Excel, as well as accountancy software such as Sage, Xero, Navision, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.