Up to £80,000 per annum
Finatal are currently working with an exciting private equity-backed Fintech business based in East Lancashire, who are seeking a highly commercial Financial Controller to push forward the reporting and growth of the business, with a view to the successful candidate taking on further responsibility as the business progresses. Due to the sector the business operates in, the reporting constraints are strict, and experience within an FCA regulated environment is a necessity.
Your role will require you to work closely with the CFO and private equity backers to ensure the reporting requirements are met, along with understanding and driving the commerciality of the business to achieve its growth targets. The business is currently performing very well, with a 40%+ EBITDA and the backers of the business are now extremely keen to grow the top line.
This is a permanent role with a clear progression to Finance Director in the short term for an outstanding candidate.
- Create and manage cash and covenant forecasts, working closely with the private equity backers to ensure all reporting requirements are met
- Oversight and review of the production of all statutory financial reporting, prior to CFO sign-off
- Full responsibility for the budgeting process, including presentation and translation to the board
- Close working relationships with the CFO and the private equity backers of the business to ensure growth targets are met, in a highly regulated environment
- Taking control of both commercial and technical matters
- Other ad-hoc projects / tasks as required
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience working in an FCA regulated environment is a necessity
- Budgeting and experience with covenant forecasting is essential
- Experience within a PE-backed, or high growth business is desirable
- Experience of leading and developing a small team
- M&A experience will be advantageous