£300 - £400 per day
An attractive opportunity has arisen within a well-known media business in an ideal location. This is a multi-faceted company that offers exposure to all areas of entertainment – production, digital advertising, publishing etc.– as well as a portfolio of major brands.
As the business is bringing more of their finance function in-house, I’m looking to speak to a self-starting Financial Controller to join the business at a pivotal period of transition. As they are changing systems, experience with QuickBooks Online or Sage X3 will be very relevant.
There is a high likelihood that this role will transition to permanency, so the successful candidate will also be right for the culture; a hard-working and highly personable professional.
- Ensure that new accounting processes for multiple entities are established within new Sage X3 environment
- Work with Finance Director and external accountants to continue to transition financial control processes in-house
- Advise the Group Finance Director on financial issues, and assist in the formulation of fiscal year objectives and strategies
- Manage the changing elements of the accounting function (nominal ledger, supplier base etc.), including working with third party advisors
- Month end management accounts for submission and presentation to the Board
- Prepare and manage annual, quarterly and monthly budgets, cashflows and forecasts/reforecasts
- Prepare annual accounts and all necessary material as required for the Audit and Tax Advisors (eg R&D claims)
- Treasury management
- Ensure that procedures and controls are in place to capture and manage costs. Lead the establishment of administrative policies
- Work with Department Heads to identify opportunities to improve and find efficiencies within existing business/system processes
- Manage the preparation of VAT returns and ensure that VAT is accounted for correctly
- Review payroll and report on payroll issues and all financial related issues, i.e. staff benefits