£80,000 per annum
A PE backed software company is looking for a commercially minded Financial Controller to take full end-to-end responsibility for accounting and reporting within the business. Key to this role is the ability to produce accurate and timely management information and present analysis of this for non-Finance people. The business has an enviable track record of growth and investment and an impressive blue-chip client list.
- Management of all finance and accounting operations, including invoicing, revenue recognition, credit control, approvals and accounts payable.
- Production of timely and accurate management accounts, KPIs and financial forecasts to tight deadlines.
- Analysis and insight of management information for key stakeholders in the business.
- Ownership of the budget process and preparation.
- Overseeing all payrolls, on an international basis.
- Local, state and governmental reporting requirements and tax filings (UK and US).
- Forecasting and planning: sales and revenue, costs and staffing.
- Managing detailed Excel models with integrated P&L, B/S and Cashflow; maintaining a dynamic three-year model and flexing periodically for changing management assumptions.
- Cashflow management.
- Delivering a full clean audit and statutory accounts.
- Advising on systems and processes to ensure finance department adherence to internal controls, compliance and security standards.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to drive performance throughout the business.
- Implementation of best practice throughout; attention to detail.
- Managing and mentoring the finance team.
- Proven experience as an SME Financial Controller with 5+ years post qualification experience.
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified. Big 4 preferred.
- Ability to be hands on within a fast-paced, lean team in a growth environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and business partnering with non-finance people.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Line management experience.