£80,000 per annum + car allowance + discretionary bonus
A high growth multi-site healthcare business, backed by a leading UK mid-market PE investor, is seeking a Finance Controller on a permanent basis. The business has achieved exponential growth in the last 3 years by adopting a “buy & build” strategy to consolidate a fragmented marketplace. With an ambitious and experienced management team in place, they are exploring further M&A opportunities to help double turnover and EBIDTA in the next 2 years before delivering a successful exit. You will have the autonomy to shape and create a “first in class” finance function which will play a key role in the ongoing growth trajectory of this organisation.
Working under a proven private equity CFO, you will lead management and financial reporting, acquisition integration, systems upgrades and configurations, CAPEX control, covenant compliance and general treasury management. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the management and developmentof a team of 10 across management accounts, payroll and accounts payable.
It is vital that the Financial Controller has a direct positive impact on bottom line and doesn’t merely report performance.
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts and Financial KPI’s, analysing and reporting on performance on a site and consolidated basis
- Providing detailed analysis and benchmarking of P&L performance and driving improvement through the operations team, identifying revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities
- Build financial controls and processes to ensure the security of assets and maximise profit performance
- Implementation of improved financial systems and processes
- Timely integration of newly acquired businesses back office functions (e.g. purchase ledger, payroll etc) and the implementation of standard controls and information flows across the group.
- Management of annual Budget and regular re-forecast processes
- Improving reporting timelines to meet strict timetable to Private Equity investors of weekly/monthly MI as required
- Production of annual Consolidated Financial Statements, liaising closely with the auditors.
- Assume control for CAPEX, maintenance spend and on goingrun-rate and control
- Manage key relationships with auditors, banks, investors etc
- We are looking for a strong manager able to identify opportunity for improvement in people and process, confident to drive successful change and who cansupport stakeholders across the group with timely and accurate reporting.
- Must be a fully-qualified accountant with extensive experience of leading a finance team in a busy multi-site business.
- Demonstrable experience of leading profit performance improvement, largely through cost reduction and control
- Track record in implementing new financial systems and processes (experience of Sage packages advantageous)
- Appropriate experience in a healthcare environment or private equity backed environment would be an advantage.
- Personal qualities must include enthusiasm, adaptability, tenacity, self-starter and an absolute commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines in a demanding environment.