£65,000 - £75,000 per annum
My client is a privately-owned SME specialising in the development of bespoke hardware, innovative software and disruptive technology solutions that help to drive efficiency and savings across the global construction industry. Privately owned, self-financing and profitable, which also sets them aside in the marketplace. Our client has seen continued business growth, with revenues increasing by over 20% year on year alongside the launch of several ground-breaking new products, which have pushed our client far ahead of its competitors.
From a recruitment perspective we have targeted new staff who share our client’s entrepreneurial values and can bring a fresh, dynamic and energetic approach to the business and challenge traditional ways of working. The Company now seeks a Financial Controller tasked with maintaining all financial systems, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support business development.
- Management of the finance function and overseeing the finance team
- Preparation of monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow complete with commentary and analysis against budget
- Supervision of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows ensuring the inclusion of all senior management in the process.
- Timely production of statutory and financial reports
- Managing the audit process and liaison with external personnel
- Continuous improvements of the financial controls to streamline processes and reduce errors and inconsistencies.
- Continually review all supporting financial information to identify efficiencies
- Ensuring compliance deadlines are met for Tax and VAT returns
This is an important role for the company. Strong academics are essential, as is the ability to operate at a senior level and gain credibility. It will suit an energetic and dynamic person who has a strong work ethic and excellent team management skills.
- Excellent communicator, both with internal and external colleagues at all levels.
- Strong work ethic, efficient and motivated by results.
- Ability to analyse and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified and experienced in a similar role.
- Strong IT skills – Advanced Excel.