Group Financial Controller
£80,000 per annum
A private equity-backed retail business is seeking to recruit a Group Finance Controller in a newly created role. Following recent investment, they are looking grow through further site acquisition whilst driving increased revenue through further sales as well as cost reduction.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for both management and financial reporting, driving improvements in both operational and commercial finance. There is real scope to provide management with insightful analysis by effectively business partnering, creating dashboards and carrying out in-depth scenario analysis.
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts and Financial KPIs, analysing and reporting on performance on a site and consolidated basis
- Providing detailed analysis and benchmarking of P&L performance and driving improvement through the operations team, identifying revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities
- Improve financial controls and processes to ensure data integrity
- Reviewing existing systems with potential to improve or alternatively implement a new package
- Development and management of annual budget and regular re-forecasts
- Reporting to strict timetable to private equity investors of weekly / monthly MI as required
- Production of annual financial statements and tax returns, liaising closely with the auditors.
- Must be a fully qualified accountant with extensive experience of leading a finance team in a busy multi-site business
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing teams and improving the quality and timeliness of financial reporting
- Demonstrable experience of driving profit improvement, largely through cost reduction and improved cost control
- Track record in implementing new financial systems and processes
- Appropriate experience in a multi-site or private equity backed environment would be an advantage.