Group Financial Controller | Manufacturing | Private Equity-Backed
c.90k + Bonus + Car Allowance
Finatal are representing a rapidly growing manufacturing business as it looks to appoint a technically strong Group Financial Controller. The business has recently been acquired by one of the UK’s largest Private Equity funds specialising in the sector and having trebled in size in recent years, the successful candidate will be crucial to ensuring this continued growth trajectory.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the business on its journey through organic and acquisitive growth and preparation for the prospect of an IPO in the medium term
The CFO requires a technically focussed and experienced Financial Controller to be responsible for the core finance function. The business is currently undergoing a growth-driven strategy involving M&A activity as well as the launch of new initiatives and products. Reporting into the CFO, you will be responsible for leading a team of 5 across accounting, financial reporting, treasury, credit control and AP.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA).
- Experience of driving continuous improvement.
- Hands on experience working both at an operational and at a strategic level.
- Proven success in leading and developing a team.
- Superb relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strong people manager who is resilient and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen eye for detail and experience working for a private equity backed business.
- A strong people manager.
- An experience technical accountant, with exceptional knowledge of statutory and operational accounting.
- Previously worked in a scaling business, with a track record of developing and improving systems and processes.
- A resilient, adaptable self-starter with the natural gravitas to engage with senior stakeholders