Group FP&A Manager | Technology Services | Private equity-backed
c.£80k + Bonus + Benefits
Southampton / Hampshire
Finatal are retained on a search for a Group FP&A Manager by a private equity backed, technology services business based on the south coast.
The business has a senior management team with a strong track record of driving both organic and acquisitive growth, with ten acquisitions in recent years. At a pivotal time in the business’ growth journey the CFO requires a Group FP&A Manager to help develop the FP&A capabilities of the business, supporting decision making and value creation across the Group.
Under the mentorship of a high calibre, strategic CFO the role holder will work closely with the private equity investors and executive team and be instrumental in driving commercial decision making through insight as the business continues along its acquisition trail in pursuit of a sale/exit in c.12-18m months.
This is a potentially career defining opportunity, joining a highly successful business and executive team at the business end of a PE journey will provide the successful candidate, with a compelling narrative and long list of achievements to leverage into their career going forward and would suit/provide a platform for someone with the ambition to be an FD in the medium term.
- Build a deep understanding of the commercial drivers behind the Group’s performance
- Engage with the business and the wider finance team to create best-in-class analysis/reporting and resulting Management Information, delivering meaningful insights to decision makers
- Lead the Group budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning processes
- Lead the preparation of monthly Group management reporting, ad hoc analyses and accompanying narrative
- Actively participate in and drive various ad-hoc projects, including a remit to implement reporting and consolidation systems across the group to improve reporting
- Help drive synergies, margin maximisation and stabilisation of revenue streams in a sector with a dynamic and evolving business model
- Support on M&A activity as required and help expedite the integration of acquisitions
- As the business approaches a sale, support the CEO and CFO on the transaction, maximising value on exit
- Strong academics and 4+ year PQE
- Exceptional analysis and report writing skills
- Strong commercial instincts, with a proven track record of achievement in FP&A/Commercial/M&A roles
- Highly effective and proactive communicator with the ability to build relationships, providing both support and constructive challenge
- Understanding of the pace of private equity and demands of stakeholders
- Strong track record developing MI/forecasting, with ability to stitch together data from disparate sources
- Prior exposure to transactions would be an advantage in order to supporting CFO/CEO in an accelerated exit
- Previous experience completing a PE cycle will be an advantage although not essential
Given the broad responsibility, close collaboration with a strategically focused CFO and compelling growth journey to date, the role could be a stepping-stone towards an FD position in the future.