Head of Commercial Finance
Up to 100K
We are currently working with an exciting company based in Chelmsford to find their new Head of Commercial Finance. You will be a finance partner to the MDs of several Business Unit’s and key stakeholders as a advisor on major business unit growth plan, playing a key role in driving performance against strategic and tactical initiatives. You will also be a member of the group leadership team.
- Drive financial management and insight through commercial support & financial analysis of project performance
- Provide insight, analysis and recommendations in relation to growth assessment and improvement, financial sustainability and investment cases
- Business partnering with key personnel to understand primary cost / revenue drivers and variances
- Daily liaison with operational and commercial management to understand costs and to provide both challenge and support to both project and financial forecasts & budgets
- Assistance in development of in-house finance/costing models and commercial finance procedures
- Support preparation and concurrence of project financial models for new bids and tenders to include cash flow
- Completion of ongoing and post-project financial reviews with Project Managers outlining and highlighting budget differences and variances from original plan
- Support the accounting team in delivery of monthly project forecasts and performance reports to enable project revenue recognition as and when required
- Completion and quality review of rolling monthly, quarterly forecast and assistance with annual budgeting where required
- Lead and direct finance business partnering team – 2 direct reports
Qualifications & Experience
- 8 years plus post-qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience of monthly variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to understand technical & operational issues at a high level and translate these into financial terms.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Ability to present & explain financial terms to non-financial managers.
- Projects and project accounting under UK GAAP
- Ability to work pro-actively & independently managing varying workloads on different projects but managing time to meet all deadlines as they fall due
- Advanced Microsoft Excel based skills; be comfortable with financial formulae Lookups, Pivots