Head of Finance (Deputy to CFO) – Media | Private Equity
Up to £100k
South Coast / Remote
Finatal are retained on a search for a Group Head of Finance on behalf of a rapidly growing and highly acquisitive, PE-backed media business.
Already highly profitable and turning over c.£100m, the management team and investors have the very realistic ambition to progress from a UK to a global market leader in the next three years, supported by significant investment in M&A. The business is backed one of the world’s most reputable private equity houses and is led by a strong senior management team, with a proven track record driving organic and acquisitive growth.
Reporting directly into the Group CFO, whilst maintaining a close working relationship with the CEO and private equity investors, the role holder will have broad responsibility for both accounting, reporting and control as well as FP&A/Commercial Finance. Beyond the BAU, the successful candidate will be instrumental in developing and professionalising the finance function and integrating acquisitions, with the opportunity to work alongside the CEO and CFO as the business continues along its acquisition trail in pursuit of an eventual sale.
This is a career defining opportunity, joining a highly successful business and executive team at the business end of a PE journey will provide the successful candidate with a compelling narrative to leverage into their first FD/CFO role in the near future.
- Qualified accountant, 7+ yrs PQE
- Likely ACA qualified with experience gained from a top tier audit practice
- A proven Financial Controller and potential senior leader
- Experience of FP&A/Commercial Finance, with exceptional analysis and report writing skills
- Highly effective and proactive communicator with the ability to build relationships, providing both support and constructive challenge
- Demonstrable experience of thriving within a high-growth and fast paced environment
- Although not essential, prior experience working in professional services / agency or in a PE portfolio business more generally would be an advantage