Head of M&A
£100 - £120k plus bonus
London or Midlands
A recently PE backed Business Services company requires their first M&A hire, to build the M&A function, and to take the lead on the buy and build strategy. With significant equity available for acquisitions, this is expected to be a hands on deals focussed role, with the added responsibility of building out the function to support future growth.
- Embed all M&A processes, blueprints, and systems.
- Work with the PE backers and advisors to drive origination.
- Critically evaluate all targets to assess for strategic fit.
- Take the lead on vendor negotiations.
- Oversight of all DD workstreams - largely outsourced.
- Deal structuring and execution.
- 100 day planning and value creation activities.
- Completion accounting.
- Liaising with integration teams to resolve escalated issues & to provide senior management on integration milestones.
- The provision of regular data and insight to the PE backers.
- Experience gained transacting in the mid-market.
- Proven ability to manage the entire deal cycle.
- Prior business / professional services deals experience a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to drive value creation.
- First class communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to drive best practice and improve M&A processes, controls, workflows, etc.