Interim Head of Data Science
£800 - £1,000 per day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Data Science to join a private equity-backed fintech buy and build located in Central London. The business is highly acquisitive and is also rapidly growing organically; in the last two years the business turnover has increased five-fold.
The company focuses on the use of data for process automation and product personalisation. As the new Head of Data Science, you will report directly to the CTO and your goal will be to define and bring clarity to the direction, structure, processes and standards for Data Science across the company as the central point of leadership for this rapidly growing team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage the execution of data science initiatives
- Support in the scoping and development of new client opportunities
- Interact with internal stakeholders and client groups to formulate the strategy behind Data
- Develop reusable IP, assets and solutions for trending client business problems in Audit and Assurance
What You Will Need:
- You will need to have had experience leading, managing and building a substantial data science team.
- STEM Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Economics
- Excellent knowledge of Python Coding and/or R and SQL and experience using these tools to build/develop deep learning models
- Previous line management experience
- Experience using GCP to deal with big data (nice to have)