Junior Python Engineer
I am currently working with a privately owned sports statistical research company, who are one of the Top 5 Sports Betting Books in the UK. They are looking for a Junior Python Engineer to join their fast-growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a company that functions like a Hedge fund, in the way that they share profits and sell models/strategies/quantitative models to customers.
- To design and implement protocols for data acquisition, integration, and reconciliation
- To develop applications for data cleansing processes and quality assurance
- To ensure quality of the codebase is maintained and improved
- To ensure development processes always follow best practices
- To provide ad-hoc support/debugging when required.
- 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays);
- Casual dress code;
- Remote working (until at least August 2022, role-dependant);
- In-house chef (select days);
- In-house masseuse (select days);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Yoga classes (select days);
- Interest free travel season ticket loan;
- We enjoy social events, whether that is football, basketball or badminton games, rock climbing, cocktail making or whatever our teams fancy!
- Offsite trips - at least twice a year to discuss the company’s strategy & celebrate our successes – Our recent off-sites have been in Barcelona and La Manga!
- Either 2+ years of Python/Django, or fresh out of a Master’s in computer science (with software development experience)
- API development experience
- Working knowledge of Git and Linux
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Great communication skills