Senior Manager – Valuations
£110,000 per annum
A Pan-European private equity house with over €5 billion in raised capital is seeking a candidate to take full responsibility for their portfolio valuations. This company are long term investors who drive value creation, support international expansion and improve operational processes within their portfolio companies. This is a newly created role which will work closely with the CEO, COO and Investment team to drive continued growth within the fund.
You will be responsible for preparing quarterly valuations, across the full portfolio of private equity investments, and producing quarterly investor reporting.
Working closely with the Operational and Change Management Team, the role will bring together a detailed understanding of each investment, certain key comparable companies and a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and broad sector trends.
This role will provide key support in ensuring that forecasting and reporting is clearly communicated across the business, ensuring consistency in external communications and helping to optimise decision making, by enabling sensitivities and scenario analysis.
- Undertake in-depth portfolio and performance analysis by producing investment statistics, analysis and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of quarterly investment valuations, working in conjunction with the Investment Monitoring Team, Fund Accounting Team, Deal Teams and Investor Relations.
- Preparation of quarterly Private Equity Fund investor reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly Private Equity Fund and Endowment Fund forecasts.
- Preparation of the Endowment Fund quarterly investor reporting.
- Working with external auditors on the year-end valuations of all Private Equity portfolio investments.
- Assisting with the preparation and further development of Board Reporting packs for the Group.
- Assisting with the preparation of Annual Reports.
- Development and improvement of tools to increase efficiency and breadth of reporting across the Group.
- Production of ad-hoc investor materials, analyses, and responses to requests for the Private Equity Funds and Endowment Fund.
- Ad-hoc updates to forecasts for production of strategy and options papers, pulling together various commercial scenarios for communication with senior stakeholders.
- Significant post-qualified experience in Transaction Advisory or Corporate Finance preferably within the Big 4 or similar role within a private equity / principal investment firm or Investment Banking
- Have a CFA/ ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
- Have strong financial modelling skills - Valuation, Waterfall, LBO, DCF and more as appropriate to fulfil the above responsibilities
- Have gained exposure to US GAAP / UK GAAP and IFRS
- Have strong communication skills - the ability to synthesise information and present succinctly, in writing and verbally
- Have strong stakeholder management skills
- Be able to function independently as well as in a team
- Report writing and advanced knowledge of Excel is imperative